Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day +322 : The appeal is successful

I am fine today.

Yesterday afternoon, while she was teaching in school, my niece noticed that a missed call from Bahagian Pendidikan Guru (BPG) was registered on her hand phone. It was registered in the morning while she was still at home. How she managed to miss such an important call? She was so kind that she lent her hand phone to another niece who replaced the hand phone SIM card with her own one.

She called me in the afternoon telling me that BPG called in the morning, but she didn’t pick up the call and now her hand phone was run out of money. I advised her to call BPG using public phone in the school. Sometime later, she called me again, saying that the BPG number was engaged all the time. I tried to call for her and faced the same problem. After calling so many times, I called Education Ministry Malaysia and asked them to transfer the line to BPG. This approach did not work as the operator said that the line was engaged too.

We suspected someone in BPG called my niece to arrange her for interview, and we worried if we didn’t get in touch with them, my niece might miss the interview.

In the end, I rushed to BPG office at Putrajaya at 4:00pm. Initially, no one knew her appeal case because the officer in charge already went outstation in the afternoon. When I was just about to leave after much enquiry, I was so relieved to see an officer holding the appeal documents appeared.

Initially the officer asked my niece to go back to Sarawak for the interview because there are many empty slots here. She said she would call to inform us the detail of the interview. I told her it would be better for them to inform us the date of the interview earlier so that we can arrange the flight. She then called the officer in charge and then fixed a interview for her at Kuala Lumpur on next Wednesday :-)

We thank God that my niece has a chance to go for interview now. We should pray that she would perform well during the interview, and eventually, be selected into the teaching training program.

See you next post :-)

No comments: