Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Day +301 : A God-sent Hero

I am fine today.

We reached Port Dickson at 2:00pm yesterday. After settling down, we brought the children to play at the beach together with many church members.

My wife took care of Aaron and I looked after Daniel, Joseph and Adriel. Sometimes, we saw them playing the sand and other times, they were playing in the water. Daniel and Joseph know how to swim but not Adriel, so I had to play more attention to her.

Initially, there was an uncle accompanying her to play water in the sea. Then someone else was taking care of her, and then someone else was carrying her to swim in the sea. She was quite popular; many people liked to play with her.

When it was time to go back to the bungalow where we rented, I saw Adriel was jumping up and down in the sea quite far away off the shore. I believed she slipped to the sea while I was busy calling, urging and ‘commanding’ people to go back. The water almost covered her. She was struggling to get enough air by jumping up from the water. Fortunately, a teenager nearby her discovered this also at the same time. He grasped her and brought her to shore safely.

She vomited for a while and then wanted to go back to the sea again. I am afraid she does not know the danger yet.

This morning, I still let her play in the water, but I paid more attention to her and at the same time, also requested those who played with her to take extra caution.

I thank God for preparing someone to grasp her at the right time.

A photo of the handsome hero, Chin Wei Ken(陈维健).

May God bless Wei Ken!

See you next post :-)

No comments: