Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Day + 308 : He cried last night, but laughs this afternoon

I am fine today.

“How was your Bahasa Melayu (BM) Exam today, Daniel?” I asked.

“Easy,” he gave me a thumb up.

“Do you feel good?”

He laughed.

“You see, if you study hard, you can do it.”

Last night we were in a very different scenario. After the dinner, I gave him a choice to decide whether to do revision. I told him if his attitude is good, I will consider arranging a vacation at his favorite seaside during the coming school holiday. After considering my words for 10 minutes, he agreed to do revision. He did quite well initially, but became impatient and angry sometime later. Eventually, he cried and accusing me for making him to learn too much :-(

This is the first time he said BM exam is easy. He hates this subject. Whenever I asked him to study BM, he questioned me why he was born in Malaysia. I told him it is fortunate that he was not born in those regions plagued by famine in Africa. He takes things for granted (身在福中不知福).

Hopefully, he will pickup the subject slowly and most importantly, his attitude towards study will improve.

See you next post :-)

No comments: