Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day +314 : Now heaven is my auntie home

I am fine today.

Today we mourn the loss of my youngest auntie who passed away in Sibu, Sarawak at 11:00pm last night. She is 72 years old. She had diabetes and then kidney problem for many years.

We lived quite near to each other in a small village called Bintangor in Sarawak. While I was young, I visited my uncle's house regularly just to hope that I will be given some delicious food to eat, and indeed I was given a lot of goodies such as sweets and biscuit to enjoy. I also joined them for meal very often. Apart from this, I could read many Chinese story books that my cousin purchased. At that time, I always thought that our uncle's family was very rich because they can afford to buy sweets, biscuits and story books. Sometimes, I even dreamed to be one of their children.

My father passed away while I was very young, leaving behind my mother and 9 children. My mother had to work hard in the farm to earn a living. My uncle and auntie helped us a lot in those difficult days.

I never failed to visit them and gave them some money when I went back to Sarawak for holiday. They were very happy seeing me and my family. They told my sisters that they never regret for loving us last time (没有疼错).

Now my auntie ended her journey in this world and starting her new life where heaven is her home, a home full of peace, joy and happiness as what the Bible says, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” Revelation 21:4

Photo of my family with my uncle and auntie, and their grandson (daughter's son). It was taken on 19 November 2005 while I was visiting my home town during holiday. Aaron was still in my wife at that time. About 10 days later, I was diagnosed with Leukaemia in Kuching.

See you next post :-)

No comments: