Monday, May 21, 2007

Day +320 : Follow-up and the lost of a good friend

I am fine today.

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (HB) = 132 (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 109(Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 7.5(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 6.225 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)

I did my follow-up today. It is good to see that the platelet count has increased from 101 to 109. Hopefully it will continue to increase until it reaches the normal range. The red blood count (HB) does not change much and white blood count increased from 6.6 to 7.5.

While I was in UH, Uncle Lew Joo’s wife called to inform me that her husband passed away last night. Uncle Lew Joo’s is a retired teacher who was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia while I was doing my third round of chemotherapy in UH. We were receiving treatment on the same cubicle in the hematology ward. Unfortunately, he did not response well to the treatment. In the end, he resorted to some alternative treatment. I mentioned about him in my Blog Day +243 (Friends & Food).

After the follow-up, I went to pay last tribute to Uncle Lew Joo. As I am not familiar with the place that the family stays, I only managed to reach their house after numerous errors; paying innocent toll, driving innocent mileage and after making a few “SOS” calls to my brother, Richard.

Uncle Lew Joo was a good friend of mine, may he rest in peace.

See you next post :-)

No comments: