Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day +323 : Liver function improved

My Blood Count Today:
ALT = 78(Normal 30 - 65 )
GGT = 133(Normal 15-85)

I am fine today.

During last follow-up on Monday, the doctor said he dared not reduce my Prednisolon (steroid) dosage without knowing the result of my liver function test. Prednisolon is used to control GVHD that affects my liver, mouth-throat, eye and skin.

I called the hematology clinic today and I am very glad to know that the liver function has improved significantly over the past two months. Compared to 26 March 2007 result, the ALT level is reduced from 146 to 78 and the GGT is reduced from 267 to 133.

With this result, the doctor advised me to reduce the Prednisolon’s daily dosage from 2 tablets (10mg) to 1.5 tablets (7.5mg) for two weeks, followed by 1 tablet (5mg) until the next follow-up. Compared to initial dosage of 24 tablets (120mg) per day, 1.5 (7.5mg) tablets are considered very small dosage.

Hopefully, the reduction in Prednisolon will reduce my appetite and the swelling of my face.

See you next post :-)

No comments: