Monday, May 14, 2007

Day +313 : Adriel’s is having hand, foot and mouth disease

I am fine today.

Adriel was experiencing sore throat and mild fever last Saturday. She then developed mouth ulcers and sores on hands and feet on Sunday. Doctor diagnosed her to have hand, food and mouth disease (HFMD).

The disease is very contagious. Doctor advised us to isolate her, but it is very difficult for us to isolate her completely. We just hope that other children especially Aaron will not get the disease.

I am in charge of taking care of her at night. She woke up every two hours, complaining stomachache. I had to massage her stomach until she fell asleep, then the process repeat two hours later, and so on :-( With the mouth ulcers, she has difficulty drinking milk now. Doctor advised us to give her ice-cream if she can’t take other food. Normally, we prevent children who are sick to have ice-cream, so other children might wonder why we give Adriel special privilege.

HFMD is caused by virus. There is no medication to cure the disease. The symptom will subside within 7 to 10 days.

I just hope that she will not infect me with the disease. Though I am gluttonous, but this time, I am not very interested at the ice-cream :-)

See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

我会为你们祷告的.

David said...

Thank you so much, Wendy. May God bless you.

Unknown said...

上帝也祝福你们的.