Friday, May 18, 2007

Day +317 : What? Free screws?

I am fine today.

I have been using Palm Tungsten T3 Handheld device for more than two years now. It carries many useful applications: 7 different versions of Chinese and English Bible, 4 different versions of Chinese and English dictionary, many books and games, and standard handheld applications such as tasks, calendar and memos.

The nurses advised me not to bring too many books to the transplant ward during bone marrow transplant. This is because the books will gather dust that makes the environment unclean enough for a transplant patient. Listening to their advice, I don’t bring any physical books to the ward, but loaded the Tungsten T3 with many electronic books. Apart from reading books and Bible on the Tungsten T3, I also played Sudoku on it.

A few weeks ago, I noticed some screws on both side of the sliding part were missing. The screws were very small and there is no way for me to find a replacement. Worst still, there is no Palm service centre in Malaysia. Someone told me that the nearest service centre is in Singapore. I searched the internet and came to know that they charge SG215 per repair. I emailed them about my problem and I got the following response:


"Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Crystal. We are here to assist you with the missing screws on your Tungsten™ T3.

With regard to your concern, we would like to ship you the screws free of charge out of customer care and goodwill for this time only. "

I am so happy to know this and this is really beyond my expectation :-) With these screws, I believe I can use the handheld longer before buying another one.

Side view of the Palm, both screws on this side already "run away" and there is only one left on the other side.

Zoom into the part - without the screws, I think the Palm will K.O. very soon.
See you next post :-)


No comments: