Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day +88

I am fine. Just continue my story at UH.

The boil became bigger and the groin pain increased each day. Doctor warned me that when my white blood count started to pick up, the swelling on both sites would become bigger. He might need to call in a surgeon to poke a hole at the groin to release the pus if it grew too big. When he saw my white blood count started to pick up a few days later, he expected the swelling at the groin would became very big. The expectation is reasonable because more white cells are available now to fight with the bacteria which result in more dead cells to be deposited at the groin, making the swelling bigger. “Now the show begins”, he said to me just before he examined my groin. Fortunately, there was no show for him as the swelling at the groin did not get too big :-)

The blood culture for the blood sample taken on day 16 grew E. Coli bacteria. The same blood culture also grew fungus three weeks later, but nobody knew this at that time.

See you next post :-)

No comments: