Sunday, October 15, 2006

Day +102

I am fine today.

My mother-in-law is going back to Sarikei, Sarawak today. I waked up at 4:30am this morning to send her to airport. My brother advised me to call a taxi service rather than sending her by myself, but I worried she don’t know how to handle the boarding procedure.

When we were about 10km from the airport, this old car “死火给我看”(dead fire? Oh no, broke down). The first thing in my mind at that time was how to get my mother-in-law to airport in time. It would be too late to ask my brother or nephew to send her to airport. After many attempts, I managed to stop a taxi to send her to airport at 5:30am. I just prayed that she could find her way into the right airplane. My intention to go home quickly to continue my sweet dream after sending her off the boarding gate was spoiled :-(

The next thing was how to get this car back to Puchong. The insurance company that I called said that the insurance did not cover towing service, but they could help to arrange it for me. I asked them to check the price of towing service for me. At the same time I called the highway mechanics for assistance.

The mechanics showed up at 7:00am only. After some troubleshooting, they noticed that my car’s cooling tank was dry. The engine was thus overheated and jammed. They said they could do nothing to help me. This old car cheated me because the temperature meter always shows that the temperature is within the normal range. This is what we called “false negative”, and it is a very dangerous syndrome. Comparing to human body, it is similar to serious infection without fever and other symptoms. No treatment can be done before it is too late because the body does not realize that something is wrong. On the other hand, “false positive” syndrome causes unnecessary treatment and medication. Please do not curse the fever again because it is a wonderful temperature meter God designed for us.

To be continued next post :-)

No comments: