Monday, October 02, 2006

Day +89

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 104(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 69(Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 2.4(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 1.32 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
Potassium = 4.4(Normal 3.5 - 5.2)
Magnesium = 0.7(Normal 0.65 - 1.05)

I went to UH to do my weekly follow-up this morning. Finally, the magnesium level increases to normal level after the transplant. There is a slight drop of white blood count from 2.7 to 2.4 while the platelet count remains. Hopefully, the platelet and white blood count will pick up soon.

The report for bone marrow aspiration (BMA) done on last Thursday shows that my bone marrow is healthy. There is 2% of blast (immature white blood cells) in the bone marrow. Blast cell below 5% is considered to be normal. There is a comment at the end of the report saying that there is no evidence of relapse of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia. Cancer patients are very sensitive to the word “relapse”. I am looking at the report while the doctor is reading it, and I am quite nervous to see the word “relapse” written in the report. The doctor covered the report after he had completed reading it. Just before I leave the room, I asked the doctor permission to read the report and I was greatly relieved to see the comment as “there is no evidence of relapse of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia.” :-)

My next follow-up will no longer be in the hematology ward. The doctor arranged me to see them at the “G clinic”. This is another milestone for me because the doctor will only transfer a transplant patient to “G clinic” when the patient is getting better. However, I still need to do weekly follow-up. I hope the frequency of follow-up can be reduced very soon so that I do not need to go to hospital so often.

See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,

I praise the Lord for your steadfast faith in Him to continuing heal you daily until you completely recover and able to live a normal life. "He who begins a good work in you will bring it to completion".
John

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

Glad to know that you are doing fine. Praise the Lord! I had not been following your update for quite a while as I'm away from office.

To tell you frankly, not only cancer patient is sensitive about the word "relapse". I'm equally sensitive, and the bad news is i saw doctor remark is actually a big "YES" when he fill up the medical report for my insurance claim. :)

"What cannot destroy us will only make us stronger!" We plan to pay you a visit this coming weekend, what is the convenient time for you? Any special order/food that you would like to have, what about spaghetti (home-cook) or .....

God bless,
Grace

David said...

Thank you, John. I believe I will be normal very soon :-)

Dear Grace,
I am glad to know that you are back to office now. You can visit me anytime. But please do not trouble yourself to prepare any food for me. Talking about food, just dream about Saisaki Japanese Buffet :-)
God bless,
David