Thursday, October 05, 2006

Day +92

I am fine today.

The children’s exam was over yesterday. They requested me to let them relax last night by watching movie and playing computer games. There were stressful during the exam, not because they wanted to study hard in order to get good result, but they were “oppressed” by their parents to study :-( They did not care about the exam at all; to the extent that they did not even know what subjects would be tested the next day :-(

Nowadays, parents are more stressful than their children during their children exam’s time. Most of them wanted their children to get better position in the class. But getting a better position does not mean much to me, the important thing is whether the children managed to absorb what they are taught at school. It is not a problem if they understand the subjects taught at school fairly and yet get very bad position in the class.

This is the first time I spend so much effort to teach my children to study, and I am quite surprised to find out that they are actually have very little understanding on some of the subjects they learned in school. This not only causes them to lost interest in the subjects, but also lost self confidence in studying. No wonder they told me they are suffering at school everyday :-( I believe a lot of school children are facing the same problem.

See you next post :-)

No comments: