Thursday, October 12, 2006

Day +98 (11 October 2006)

I am fine today, but my internet connection is not fine.

The broadband internet service that I am subscribing started to slow down in the morning. It became very slow in the afternoon, and almost came to a halt in the evening. It took me more than 15 minutes to display the internet service provider home page. So the broadband became narrowband and then proceed to became “emptyband” :-( There was no way for me to update my blog without the internet connection.

I called the technical support and they kept me waiting on the line for about 15 minutes. They know that those who call them must be very angry firstly because their internet access does not work, and secondly they have to wait for a long time to speak to a technical support staff. And after that they have to wait for a few days to get their problem rectified. So the service provider feeds them with some soothing music through the telephone line, and regularly broadcast a message saying that “Your call is important...” I think what they actually mean is “Your money is important...” because they still charge you the same monthly subscribing fee no matter how many days the internet access is out of service :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: