Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Day +91

I am fine today. I would like to continue sharing my second chemotherapy’s experience in UH.

The Chinese New Year (CNY) was just around the corner. Every patient wished they could recover fast enough to be discharged at least on the New Year Eve on 28, January 2006. It would be my chemo day 20 on the New Year Eve, but the blood test on day 19 showed that my white blood count was only 0.5. Therefore, there was no chance for me to celebrate the New Year with my family.

There was a very generous discharge on the New Year Eve. I remembered doctor visited bed by bed and told those patients who were fit enough to go home, “You can go home.” These patients would then be greatly delighted and started to pack their personal stuffs while their family member handled their discharge procedure. When the doctor passed by my bed, he said, “This one, no need to say!” :-(

One female patient who stayed within the same cubicle cried because the doctor did not discharged her. She wished to celebrate CNY with her family very much. Her mother who was always there to take care of her also cried. The mother cried not because she could not go home to celebrate CNY, but pitied her daughter.

I was quite happy when the assistant nurse passed me a CNY menu on the first day of CNY. This mean the hospital was providing special food to us during the CNY. But I was quite disappointed to find that my special order was never fulfilled. They still served every patient with ordinary food as usual :-( I wondered where the special food had gone.

Finally, I was discharged the 4th day of CNY, which is on 1st February, 2005. I stayed in the hospital for 24 days for this cycle of chemotherapy. I didn’t mind to miss the CNY because everyday is as good as New Year to me to be able to stay with my family member.

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

David said...

Then ask your father to buy new cloth for you everday loh :-)

David