Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Day +104

I am fine today.

My brother and I went to see the workshop owner yesterday to discuss the best way to fix the car. The owner said overhauling the engine would cost about RM3000 while replacing the engine costs RM2800. The second hand Daihatsu Charade engine is imported from Japan and there is no guarantee it will performance well. The other alternative is to sell the car and get a new one. The owner called his friend who is doing second hand car business and found out that the car costs less than RM3000. He recommended me to change the engine. His friend who is importing second hand car engine from Japan has one unit of Daihatsu engine left.

I called the workshop owner this morning to ask him to replace the car engine for me. Unfortunately, the engine was sold out. So we have to wait for the next shipment of car engine from Japan after Hari Raya and Deepavali holiday.

My old car, 1.3L Proton Wira also encountered overheat problem a few years ago due to leaking of the cooling tank. The car stopped automatically before the engine was damaged due to overheat. It is a pity that Daihatsu does not implement this feature.

I am not the only one who encountered this problem. My second sister in Sarawak also has an old Daihatsu car. She told me she changed the car engine twice due to overheating :-( But the cost of replacing the engine there is a lot cheaper.

I went for bone marrow transplant and my car will be going for engine transplant. Two transplants in four months :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: