Saturday, October 14, 2006

Day +101

I am fine today.

A young man who is 25 years old came to my house today. I met him in the Popular Bookshop on Tuesday. He was looking for some basic guitar lesson material. I asked him if he is interested in learning classical guitar music, he said, “Yes” However, further conversation showed that he did not know how to distinguish various styles of guitar playing. What he needs is some very basic guitar playing technique and theory books. Since he could not find any suitable books at the bookshop, I invited him to come to my house to have a look at the material that I have.

I briefed and demonstrated to him some basic technique of guitar playing, copied him an instructional folk guitar instructional CD and also lent him a folk guitar book.

He told me he was just separated from his girl friend after eight years of dating. They were staying together for a long time and planned to get married next year. The man is very interested in playing guitar but his girl friend “ordered” him not to pursue this interest, so he “obeyed”. He is now free to pursue his interest.

The girl complained that the man did not care for her as much as before. So she left him and got a new boy friend after 12 days. The man is still puzzled how the girl managed to give up this relationship so easily. He was interested to know how I went through the ordeal of my disease. I told him my faith in God provided me great strength in facing many challenges in life, including this disease.

After a long sharing, I told him to remember three things:
1. He is alive and young.
2. It is fortunate that the girl left her now, not after their marriage and having children.
3. Severe whatever contact with the girl. Don’t think that if they cannot become lovers, they still can be friend.

Hopefully he will recover very soon from his ordeal.

See you next post :-)

No comments: