Saturday, October 21, 2006

Day +108

I am fine today. I would like to continue sharing with you my treatment at UH.

As mentioned on my blog Day +91, I was discharged from the hematology ward after second chemotherapy on 1st, February 2006. The doctor did my third Bone Marrow Aspiration (BMA) on 16, February 2006 and scheduled to start the third chemotherapy on 16th, February 2006.

It was important for me to hand over my work to other staffs to make sure that the software development project that we were embarking on will continue smoothly. Therefore I went to work occasionally while waiting for the next round of chemotherapy to start.

While I was busy in the office on the morning of 15, February 2006, the clerk of the hematology ward called me and informed me that the doctor would like to admit me to the ward immediately. I could sense that something was wrong because they used to delay the admission for chemotherapy due to unavailability of bed, but now they wanted to admit me earlier. Why couldn’t they just wait for one day? Anyway, I am a good guy (?), I just “obeyed”, stopped my work, packed my stuffs and went to hospital immediately.

See you next post.

No comments: