Monday, October 16, 2006

Day +103

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 104(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 85(Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 2.8(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 1.624 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
Potassium = 4.4(Normal 3.5 - 5.2)
Magnesium = 0.78(Normal 0.65 - 1.05)

I did my follow-up today. There is a very good increase of platelet. Apart from this, the ANC and the magnesium level also indicate some improvement.

Back to my experience yesterday...

The time passed very slowly while waiting for the highway mechanics to come. In order to kill time, I started to count the airplanes that were flying over me. But there were too few of them to keep me busy, so I switched to count vehicles on the highway and soon found out that it was boring as well. In the end I repeatedly sang the following song with full volume.

Count Your Blessings(数算主恩)

When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Refrain
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

In Chinese,

有时遇见苦难如同大波浪
有时忧愁丧胆几乎要绝望
若把主的恩典从头数一数
必能叫你惊讶立时乐欢呼
(副歌)
主的恩典样样都要数
主的恩典都要记清楚
主的恩典 样样都要数
必能叫你惊讶立时乐欢呼

Comparing to hospitalization, it is a great blessing to be able to stay at the side of the highway with a broken car, counting airplanes and vehicles, and sing hymn freely.

Finally the car was towed to a workshop in Puchong and I reached home at 10:30am. According to the mechanics, the engine of the car has to be either overhauled or replaced.

See you next post :-)

No comments: