Friday, October 20, 2006

Day +107

I am fine today.

I received a call from the car workshop owner asking me to collect my car today. He said he managed to buy an engine from a different source. This enables me to get my car back earlier than expected.

The total cost of this repair and related expenses is about RM2650. The breakdown is as follow:

1. Daihatsu 1000cc second hand engine -------RM1600
2. Workmanship -----------------------------------RM 300
3. Service (timing belt, engine oil etc..)--------RM 400
4. Update the Car Registration Card ------------RM 350
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------RM 2650
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daihatsu 1000cc engine is more expensive because it is rare. The total cost of replacing an engine can be kept below RM2000 for a more popular car.

Even though I have to pay quite an amount of money to get the car back, I am still happy. Why should I be happy after losing money? The reason is very simple. I just have to be happy to prevent myself from losing more. If I am sad, I not only lose money but also lose happiness, and losing happiness might in turn cause a dent on my heath to make me a big loser. So happiness stops me from losing more.

If you still think that there is no reason for me to be happy. Then think about my medical fee. The government paid for me more than RM100, 000 medical fees until now. Subtracting RM2650 from RM100, 000, I still gain RM97, 350. So there is no reason for me not to be happy given that the amount that I gain is much more compared to what I lose.

If you still think that my reason is not logical. Then listen to what Bible tells us, “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” Matthew 6:27

See you next post and wish you happy always :-)

No comments: