Thursday, October 26, 2006

Day +113

I am fine today. Now continue my story at UH…

After a worry-full night, I returned to the same operation table and felt even more worried to find out that the same radiologist was going to fix the line for me. “How come she becomes her own teacher today? How could she learn from herself?” but I dared not question her. The only thing that I could do was to pray, to recite Bible verses and to shiver harder.

The PICC line was successfully inserted only after three attempts. This added another two holes on my right arm :-( The radiologist encountered the same problem while trying to fix the PICC head. After many attempts, another radiologist came to help, but failed to insert the head either. Finally, a more experienced radiologist took over the procedure. Fortunately, she managed to push in the head in the end. A half an hour procedure took one and half hour to finish. What a procedure!

When I returned to the ward, I raised both arms proudly to show the nurses the new and old PICC lines. Indeed I was the only one who had two PICC lines at that time. The old PICC line on my left arm would only be removed if the new one could perform well. I encountered many patients experienced inflammation, leaking and blocked or punctured PICC line just a few days after the line was fixed. The line had to be removed if patients experienced these problems. Fortunately, the new PICC line worked well and the left PICC line was removed on 3 March 2006 (Day 12) after serving me for about 3 months.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ting,

it is fun reading your blog!knowing you are recovering well...counting aeroplanes..then cars...finally singing to kill time while waiting tow truck at KLIA..

dont worry too much or put more burden on your kids...probably they will grow smarter than their already smart POW father!

your coursemate @ ah lee/CNLee

David said...

Ah Lee,

I am glad to hear from u and thank u for reading my blog :-)

The two boys scored me "stupid baba" often, and now the girl also said, "stupid you". Since I am stupid, they must be smart :-)

Ting