Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day +2154 : Days without maid

I am fine today.

My maid told me nervously last month that she would like to go back to Indonesia for a month of holiday in July. I think she was nervous because she thought that getting approval to go back for holiday was a tough request, and she was afraid I would decline her request. However, she was wrong. I approved her request immediately, but negotiate with her to go back during the school holiday, not July, so that my wife can take care of the housework, at least for two weeks. She said that she would like to go back July to help her family to plant paddy. She has been working for us for almost three years. She must miss the village life very much.

After discussing with her, we both agreed that she goes back on 24 May and comes back on 23 June. I had to sit for the exam on 24 May, so I asked a church member who is a taxi driver to fetch her to airport and help her to deposit her luggage, and then bring her to the boarding gate.

Life goes on as usual without a maid thanks to Daniel and Joseph who helped to do many things that the maid did. They are just like the troopers, and I am the commander. I feel so good to see so many works get done just by issuing commands :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: