Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Day +2134 : A new Chinese flute

I am fine today.

My second brother made Chinese flute from the bamboo when I was young. He then played some simple tunes on it. I learned the basic fingering from him, and then started to play Chinese flute also.

There are very cheap Chinese flutes available at Popular Bookstore, costing less than RM10 each. However, the musical notes on these cheap flutes are not so accurate. This prompted me to search for a better one.

I bought a Chinese flute in a Chinese Musical Centre a few weeks ago. It is a G key flute that cost RM150. I was told that the flute was made of old bamboo which gives a better sound. The sound is indeed solid and the note is a lot more accurate than the cheap one :-)

Whenever I played the flute next to the children at home, they would cover their ears. They complained that the sound was too loud and sharp. :-( However,  when I played it at the seminary, many said that they like it, and some even said that they were touched by the music:-) Why the differences? May be the flute music that is from distant apart sounds better.




See you next post :-)

No comments: