Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day +2147 : My sister-in-law is admitted for parathyroid removal surgery

I am fine today.

My sister-in-law (my wife's sister), Teresa Chieng, was admitted to Putrajaya Hospital this morning for a parathyroid removal surgery which is scheduled tomorrow. Teresa is an haemodialysis patient for almost 12 years. I was made to understand that the parathyroid problem happened to most haemodialysis patients.

The surgery was originally scheduled to be done in KL General Hospital. However, it was cancelled in the last minute due to unknown reason. Since she already booked her air ticket. A doctor in KL General Hospital arranged the surgery to be done in Putrajaya Hospital.

Putrajaya Hospital is a semi government hospital. The patient needs to pay around RM3000 for the surgery. Comparing to the fee in private hospital which could cost up to RM8000, it is considered to be cheap. Of course, if we compare the cost with that of KL General Hospital which is fully subsidized by government, the fee in Putrajaya Hospital is still considered costly. However, there are many advantages for the surgery to be done in Putraya Hospital - the hospital is new and small but with good facilities, and the ward is new and clean too. In addition to these, it is a lot easier for me to go to Putraya Hospital than KL General Hospital. Frankly speaking, I don't know how to go to KL General Hospital.

Since I have to go to the seminary to sit for the final exam of the subject of Systematic Theology II, I couldn't send Teresa to the hospital. However, I arranged a church member who is a taxi driver to send her to the hospital.

I pray that the surgery will be a smooth one.

See you next post :-)

No comments: