Thursday, March 04, 2010

Day +1338 : A stunning fact – living with a bypassed main fuse for over 10 years!

I am fine today.

After discovering the problem in the main fuse connection as mentioned on my blog Day +1317 : My main fuse condition, I forwarded the report to Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) through email.

A TNB technician came to check the main fuse box yesterday and revealed a stunning fact – the main fuse is bypassed! And this has been the case for over 10 years since we moved in. This means that we have no protection at all for the past 10 years. No wonder my neighbor’s main fuse box caught fire!

I am getting quite irritated knowing about this and vowed to write about it. One of my neighbors who was present getting a little bit nervous upon hearing this. He was worried that if IOI, the developer, know about this will take action against me, perhaps accusing me of simply accusing them. What he meant was that I am small and IOI is BIG :-)

I believe the electric contractor who did the electrical work was using recycled fuse. They didn’t aware that the fuse was modified and just installed it. And we have to bear the risk.

Please check your main fuse box. The developer might fail miserably, as in my case, in ensuring the safety of your house.

The bypassed fuse

The contact is burned due to overheating
See you next post :-)

No comments: