Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day +1345 : Please pray for my eldest sister

I am fine today.

My eldest sister, Sie Huong, has undergone a surgery to have her uterus removed this afternoon in Kuching General Hospital.

She has been living with a benign tumor in the uterus for a long time but few months ago, the doctor found out that the tumor was growing at an accelerated rate. Worrying that it might turns malignant; doctor decided to remove her uterus. And she waited for months to have her turn today.

My third sister (my bone marrow donor) had her uterus removed also on 27 October last year in Sibu General Hospital. It was done through a keyhole operation.

My eldest sister assumed that Kuching General Hospital will perform keyhole operation as what Sibu General Hospital did. However, it was a surprise for her to found out yesterday that the doctors here have no skill in performing keyhole operation. So it has to be done through conventional surgery (cut open) which is a lot more painful and take more time to recover.

She told me that whenever she asked the medical officers whether it will be a keyhole operation, the answer was always “don’t know”. It seems that they didn’t know much about the new technology.

If my sister knew that it was a conventional operation, she will have the operation done in Sibu General Hospital.

Anyway, the operation was a success but please pray for her speedy recovery.

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Dave Sargeant said...

I have prayed for you and your sisters David. All Christians are sons of God, one in Christ and heirs according to the promise. Gal ch3vs 26/28/29. Found your blog by following next blog button. Mine is called ' Beauties of creation'. Dave.

David said...

Hi brother Dave, thanks for visiting and praying for us. I visited your blog - very beautiful! God is good :-) David

Ting Ching Ching said...

阿芬姐姐的手术顺利的完成了吗?愿主赐福给姐姐及她一家人。

David said...

手术顺利完成了。应该回到家了。谢谢关心。