Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day +1355 : Fifth sermon after bone marrow transplant

I am fine today.

By God’s abundant grace, I delivered my fifth sermon after bone marrow transplant in my church this morning :-) My last sermon was on 26 April 2009 - Day +1026 : Fourth sermon after bone marrow transplant.

The title of the sermon was “Thy loving kindness is better than life – toward the climax of experiencing God” and it was based on Psalm 63:1-8.

1 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.

4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:

6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

If you would like to have a copy of the sermon, I can email the full script to you. It was written in Chinese.

As usual, I felt tremendous relief after the sermon :-)

See you next post :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to have a copy..but in English?..hehee

David said...

Aiya! Don't have English version :-(

Anonymous said...

you have delivered a very good sermon. I thnink you are gifted to be a good pastor.

Grace

David said...

Thanks, Grace, for the encouragement.

MsWong said...

Dear Uncle David,

Good day, i am Siow Ying. Can i have a copy of the sermon, please? I did not manage to heard it on last Sunday as i was at upstairs conducting Sunday School.

Thank you.

SiowYing

David said...

Dear Siow Ying,

I have sent one copy to you.

Please let me know if you didn't receive it.

David