Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day +1362 : Lunch at Nando’s

I am fine today.

We had lunch at Nando’s in IOI Mall after church service today. It is a restaurant that serves chicken dishes primarily. This is the first time ever we visited the restaurant. The reason that we chose Nando’s is due to the possession of Nando’s cash voucher worth RM40 which I redeemed using credit card reward points.

We ordered Peri Platter which came with a chicken, 2 large rice, I large fresco salad, 1 large coleslaw and 1 large chips. This set costs RM54.90 and is sufficient for 3-4 persons.

You certainly need to patient to dine here as the food only arrives 30 minutes later. My wife and I discussed the possible origin of this restaurant while waiting for the food but neither of us had any clue regarding this.

I searched the internet later and found out that this restaurant was originated from South Africa wit Portuguese/Mozambiequan theme as described on Wikipedia:
Nando's is a fast casual restaurant chain originating from South Africa with a Portuguese/Mozambiquan theme. Founded in 1987, Nando's operates in 26 countries and on five continents.[1] Nando's specializes in chicken dishes with either lemon and herb, medium, hot or extra hot peri-peri marinades (properly known as Galinha à Africana). In some countries, Nando's has other flavour options like mango and lime, lemon and herb, or Mediterranean.
There are 32 Nando’s outlets in Malaysia and they maintain a website at http://www.nandos.com.my/ where you can get a lot of information about the restaurant including their full menu.

The chicken was nice but it is expensive. Apart from the Peri Platter, I ordered a jug of Cola and two big rice. The total cost was RM85.

It is a good restaurant to visit if you have money to spare :-)

The restaurant
Their sauce - Peri-peri

This jug of Cola cost RM10 (original price is RM18)

Below is what you would get for Peri Platter set




See you next p0st :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Look delicious.. too bad, I cant found it Sabah..I mean.. Nando

David said...

Enjoy it next trip you are here. If you come to Puchong, I belanja you :-)

CaRmEn's said...

i love it so much..^^

David said...

Carmen, have you been there before?

CaRmEn's said...

ya ya ya....^^ mun chun treat me go few time alreday....

David said...

Wow! You are more blessed than me :-) This is the one and the only one time I eat there. Should go there more often like you, but the problem is I haven't find my "mun chun".