Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day +1357 : AirAsia – “Live Help” is still the best!

I am fine today.

More story from Richard about AirAsia…

-------------------------------
Due to the "No Money No talk" issue as mentioned earlier, there are other alternatives where you can get support especially if you are reluctant to pay RM1.95 per minute; email to support-malaysia@airsia.com or using the Live Help/Live Chat. Both of them are free :-)

I tried to use support-malaysia@airasia.com but ended up with much frustration. The support executive will only response in 1 to 2 days time, and if you want to follow up the case, a different support executive will handle your case and worst still, there is no communication among them.

My brother-in-law purchased AirAsia ticket to Taiwan January this year but he was diagnosed with appendicitis three days before the traveling date. He had to undergo an appendicectomy and thus was unfit to travel. The ticket cost him RM1,159.00.

My brother-in-law thought that the money was burnt. However, I took initiative to help him to have his money refunded.

AirAsia would only credit refund into an AirAsia internet member's account but the problem was that my brother-in-law didn't have one.

In order to get the refund, I corresponded with AirAsia support executive through email, but impersonating myself as my brother-in-law, signing the email with the name - Richard Toh :-) For your information, my name is Richard Ting and my brother-in-law's surname is Toh. He doesn't have a Christian name. In order to make AirAsia's support executive believe that I am in fact Toh, I created and used the name Richard Toh. I chose Richard as Toh's Christian name because my email contains the word Richard.

And this worked very well. The refund was successfully credited into my AirAsia account, but only one month later.

If you would like to settle your case fast, the Live Help should be the one that you can trust. To use Live Help, just login to AirAsia account and click the "Live Help" on the left panel. You will get a response pretty fast :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: