Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day +969 : Refreshing ROM, no cure :-(

I am fine today.

I brought back the HTC Touch 3G to Gadgets Junction at Subang Square this afternoon. I described the GPS problem that I encountered to them. In order to rule out that the problem was due to the system software, the technician refreshed the ROM of the handphone.

The guy who sold me the handphone to me was very gentle. He apologized for the problem and said he would make sure that my handphone work properly; else he would exchange my phone with a new one.

After refreshing the ROM, we tested the GPS function of the handphone, and I was so glad that it worked like a charm. The handphone acquired many good satellite signals and got locked onto many of them in a very short time.

I drove home happily with GPS navigation. It worked very well initially, but when I reached IOI mall, the handphone lost all satellite signals, causing the GPS stopped to function :-)

I called Gadgets Junction and complained to them the problem.

“Don’t worry, we will fix your problem,” they assured.

They asked me to bring back the phone to them on Monday for further checking.

Again, I was suspecting if I made a right decision of acquiring an AP set. But who know you would get a perfect set even if you purchased it through the authorized distributer?

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Pure Faith said...

gps only works in open space, not next to tall buildings or indoors...

looks like it suffered a lag problem due to processing speed & as a result it hangs...

my asus p320 does the same....

nothing like a dedicated gps device, like Garmin...

David said...

Yes, dedicated device still the best. My office got one for the sales. May be I should not pursue this issue further.

Pure Faith said...

it's just teething problems.... you should go back & let them continue troubleshooting....

David said...

OK, I think I would let them have my handphone today for troubleshooting. Thanks for the advice.