Monday, February 02, 2009

Day +943 : “Tolong (help)”

I am fine today.

I am getting a lot better today, thanks God for His protection and also my wife and children who took good care of me :-)

Someone told me that he committed two traffic offences on a highway yesterday – over speeding and driving with an expired driving license. A team of policemen who organized the roadblock stopped him and told him that he was driving at 104km/h on the stretch of the highway where the speed limit was 90km/h only. And worst still, his driving license was expired many months ago. The two offences would result in a fine of RM600.

Instead of issuing summon to him, the policemen asked him to “tolong (help)” them. This is very interesting because most of the time it is the offenders that ask the policemen to “tolong” them but in this case, the policemen are asking for help :-)

They said if he was willing to “tolong” them with RM100 only, they will let him go.

“I am a Christian, I cannot “tolong” you this way,” he told them.

“Either you summon me or let me go,” he added.

 In the end, the policemen “tolong” him, letting him go without issuing summon :-)

I wonder when this kind of open corruption practice will be eradicated in this country.

See you next post :-)

No comments: