Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day +956 : Cell group dinner

I am fine today.

We treated our cell group members a simple dinner yesterday evening. Two main dishes we served were nasi lemak and fried Mee Hoon. In addition, my mother-in-law prepared spring rolls for the dinner.

It has been more than three years my wife didn’t cook nasi lemak. She used to cook very delicious Sambal but she stopped cooking it after I was sick. When I was in the haemotology ward doing chemotherapy, I promised a patient that once he got well, I would treat him a good nasi lemak meal. Unfortunately, the patient didn’t make it :-(

After bone marrow transplant, I was unable to take hot and spicy food due to GVHD for quite a long time. As a person who is always craving for food, I didn’t give up taking hot and spicy food, and after some “intensive” training, I am now good in taking hot and spicy food again, as good as before :-)

I thank God for blessing me with a mouth that enjoys foods :-)

Fried Mee Hoon
Sambal
Cucumber
Fried sausage
Groundnuts
Anchovies
Boiled eggs
Mother-in-law's spring rolls
Herbal syrup prepared by a cell group members - good for lung :-)
All dishes in a view :-)
It's time to start eating
Everyone is hard at work :-)
Cell group members
See you next post :-)

No comments: