Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day +967 : First physiotherapy session

I am fine today.

I went to UH for my first physiotherapy session yesterday morning. The appointment was at 9:30am.

The traffic was extremely heavy. It took me two hours to reach UH. Fortunately, the appointment time was flexible as it was based on first time first serve basic, else I would have to reschedule my appointment.

After a brief interview, the physiotherapist started the therapy session. The first thing she did was to bend my wrist as much as possible with my fingers extended.  Then she asked me to press my palm on the table and try to bend my wrist as much as possible for 30 times.

This was followed by a series of exercises, including a 15 minutes cycling, that lasted for about 2 hours.

And the session didn’t end there as I was requested to the exercises at home every day.

My next physiotherapy session is scheduled on Thursday, 12 March – about two weeks from now.

See you next post :-)

No comments: