Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day +958 : Interesting and worrying

I am fine today.


After describing or showing your symptoms to your doctor, instead of telling you what is your problem and possible ways to fix it, he/she stares at you and says, “Very interesting!”


How would you feel if you encounter such as situation? Would you feel interesting too?


This was the situation that I faced when I visited the rheumatologist last week. And I tell you, I found nothing interesting but worrying when I heard that my symptom was interesting. 


When doctors said your symptom is interesting, it simply means that they are not very sure what  happen to you or this is the first time they see a patient with such a funny symptom. And if this is the case, then most probably there will be no solution to your problem.


Therefore, the more interesting the doctor feels, the more worrying I am.


See you next :-)

No comments: