Friday, February 13, 2009

Day +954 : My money, your money

I am fine today.

The instructor who conducted the marriage lesson in our church told us one interesting experience that he had with his wife. His wife kept her bank accounts and savings secret from him even long time after they got married. He said he didn’t know why her wife behaved as such but I guess, she must be worried that her husband might abuse her savings. So it was safer to keep it secret.

We found out later that many couples in the group also experienced this kind of situation. And I believe the reason this happens is because the couple still haven’t establish a level of trust where they could fully trust each other. The “secret” somehow gives them a sense of security; if you betray me, I still have money :-)

When my wife and I got married, we didn't have much – no car, no house, no properties, and no savings. And I also don’t mind to tell you that even the marriage expenses was bored by my mother which we only managed to pay back many years later :-)

Apart from an old motorcycle, we had none. But the important thing is that we have each other :-) Since we had nothing, it was even easier for us to trust each other completely :-)

We didn’t have to keep secret of each other’s savings. My money is your money and your money is my money.

Until today, my wife still entrusted all her bank accounts to me. This means that whenever I encounter any financial shortage, I just transfer money from her account :-) She never bothers how much I transfer from her account and also don’t even bother how much balance she still has.

She trusts me and I trust her, and with this, life is wonderful :-)

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

這證明你們的愛不自私,不求自己的益處,對神有信心﹗為你們感謝神﹗

David said...

是的,感谢神!

Pure Faith said...

same here....
all our accounts are under joint names...
no secrets to hide...
we were also poor when we got married....

David said...

Haha! Poor can be a blessing in disguise :-)