Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day +963 : DIY saves money

I am fine today.

The water tap that I installed on 18 November 2008 as I blogged on Day +867 : “Air putus” was having problem again. The tap was leaking when it was turned off.

When I purchased the tap, the hardware shop owner said that the water tap was of high quality. I thought by fixing it, I would have peace of mind for a long time, but unfortunately, it gave me problem again after 3 months:-(

I went back to the hardware shop yesterday with the intention of purchasing another one. I told the shop owner that the water tap that she sold me three months ago was leaking now. This indirectly hinted that the quality of the water tap that she sold me was not so good.

The shop owner told me that in fact I could just replace some part to fix the problem. And the part cost RM8 only :-)

I replaced the part and now the water tap works perfectly :-)

The various parts of the tap
The part that needs replacement - the right one is new
See you next post :-)

No comments: