Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day +960 : The helicopter arrived finally, but…

I am fine today.

Joseph celebrated his 9 year old birthday on 29 December last year. I promised him a remote control helicopter as his birthday present. However, I could not deliver the present to him timely as I intended to acquire the helicopter through my credit card reward program. I needed 31000 points to redeem the helicopter, but I only accumulated 24000 points at that time. Therefore, I asked him to wait.

After a few weeks of waiting, the helicopter arrived finally Wednesday. It is a Salvation 9 Helicopter with three channels remote control capability - forwards, backwards, left and right, up and down.

I asked Daniel to study the manual in detail first but only fly the helicopter when I came back from work. But he and Joseph couldn’t wait. They charged the helicopter and managed to fly it in our bed room. At one occasion, Joseph hit the helicopter on a table in the room resulting in a broken blade. However, the helicopter still could fly well with the broken blade.

I dreamed of remote control helicopter and airplane when I was young but didn’t have a chance to have them as they were expensive. I was thinking of playing the toys with the children at night.

I asked Daniel to charge the helicopter. He said that the charger was very hot and it needed some time to cool down. When I examined the helicopter, Daniel told me that power led didn’t light up when it was switched on. The helicopter had malfunctioned before I had chance to try it :-(

After talking to Daniel, I found that he connected the charger in reverse causing damage to the helicopter motor. No wonder, he said that the charger was very hot.

Now I have to look for a replacement motor, else the helicopter would never take off again.

I have no regret of letting the children to try the toy themselves and I didn’t scold them for making the mistake. It is a lesson that they have to learn.

Hopefully, they will be more careful next time.

The helicopter
Another view

See you next post :-)

No comments: