Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day +953 : More Mileage, More Savings, More Vroom?

I am fine today.

Have you heard of a product called AutoMax NanoTech Fuel Enhancer (NFE) which claimed to save fuel up to 28%? This product is marketed by Cosway.


Cosway says that the product gives the following benefits:

  • Saves fuel up to 28% - Varies from 8% - 28%, depending on engines, road and traffic conditions, climate and driving habits
  • Increases engine power up to 20% - Enhances combustion for a smoother-running engine with quicker acceleration and increased power
  • Eliminates engine knocks & extends engine life - By keeping the combustion chamber clean, it eliminates engine knocks and helps maintain a quiet and smooth-running engine for a longer time
  • Saves on maintenance - A cleaner engine prolongs life expectancy of the oil filter, engine oils last at least twice longer, thus reduces maintenance costs
  • Reduces harmful emissions up to 98% - Resulting in a cleaner and healthier environment

I decided to try the product. The price per bottle is RM39.8 and there was a promotion – buy 4 free 6 – July last year. I got 10 bottles with the price of RM159.2.

I gave one to my brother, Richard, and he came to a conclusion that no noticeable fuel saving was observed after using this product.

I did a research on my Proton Perdana for  6 months, and the result is a follow:

Before using NFE, driving a distance of one km would need about 0.14L, but after adding it, the average fuel usage was still around 0.14L per km.

I have to conclude that the product doesn’t work as claimed. The claims are too good to be true. If you really want to give it a try, don’t buy it. Just let me know. I will give one to you free :-)

More Mileage, More Savings, More Vroom? Not really. "More wastage, More troublesome, More disappointment" should be the right one :-(

 See you next post :-)

No comments: