Friday, August 29, 2008

Day +786 : It happened again :-( (5)

I am fine. Continued from yesterday...

Anyway, both the second and the third workshop owner advised me to go back to the first workshop owner and asked for discount. They said towing away might not be a good option as the car was already there and the engine was disassembled.

They also agreed that the first workshop owner should resume some responsibility in this incident. When I sent the car for servicing last Thursday, I reminded the workshop owner many times that the car will be driven to Melaka on Sunday, and I didn’t want it to be overheated again. I particularly requested him to make sure that the cooling system was fine. The workshop owner assured me again and again that the cooling system was fine. This made me very relaxed and didn’t bother to advise my niece that she should monitor the temperature meter closely throughout the journey.

I went back to the first workshop to ask for discount again, this time going together with my brother, Richard. Richard was very straight forward. He told the workshop owner that he should bear some responsibility and thus should consider giving us some discount. The workshop owner was very irritated and angry, and still reluctant to give in. He said he didn’t care what other workshop would charge us, but his price was fixed and there was no room of discussion. He then boasted that he had been doing business here for over 10 years and that was the price that he was worthy of. Richard and I were speeches when we heard what this stubborn man said :-(

When I called him again on Wednesday, he said he was not interested to service my car anymore and asked me to tow the car away because he saw me as a troublesome man :-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: