Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Day +763 : A dinner with my eldest sister and family

I am fine today.

My eldest sister and my brother-in-low visited us this evening. They came here from Kuching to attend their second son’s graduation ceremony at University of Malay tomorrow.

My sister knows that I am very gluttonous, so she brought the following foods for me :-)

Butter bread - stuffing made of butter mixed with milk powder. Couldn't find it here. Siow Mai or steamed pork dumplings. She brought 200 pieces here :-)
Delicious Sarawak's yam A group photo before the dinner. Front row from left : Ngu Ming Hui (my sister's 2nd son), my sister, brother-in-law, Richard & his wife. Back : Ngu Soon Hui (my sister's eldest son), my wife and me
Now the dishes :-)

Fried sweet potatoes leaves

Fried cabbage with dried shrimps
Bean curd
Steam fish
Bakuh Teh
Another type of Bakuh Teh - with bone
After the dinner, we went for a durian feast. My brother-in-law likes to eat durian very much but it is very hard to get durian as good as D24 in Sarawak. So he came here at the right time since it is the durian season now. Did I eat? Yes, a few pieces. I was having fever the day after I ate durian last time and thus someone suspected that durian was the culprit. I told my wife I got to experiment it again; if I catch fever tomorrow then we say that the problem is “reproducible” and I will be more convinced that durian might be the cause; else it was just a coincidence that I had fever after eating durian.

The delicious durian The restaurant that we had dinner. Richard said this one is the best in this area :-) Just in case you want to dine here, the address is 1, Jalan Kenari 19A, Bandar Puchong Jaya.
See you next post :-)

No comments: