Monday, August 04, 2008

Day +761 : Follow-up

My Blood Count Today: - Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.

Red Blood Count (HB) = 145[138] (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 191[205] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 6.8[8.1] (Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 3.34[4.20] (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
ALT = 37[44] (Normal 30 – 65)
AST = 32[21] (Normal 15-37)
GGT = 55[102] (Normal 15-85)

I am fine today.

I went to UH at 6:15am this morning for the nurse to draw blood for blood count, liver and kidney function test for the afternoon appointment. The traffic was very smooth and it took me only 15 minutes to reach there. I got a queue number 12 :-)

I was back to office at 8:30am, attending the company monthly meeting and presentation, then reached UH before 2:00pm. I miss the company lunch today :-(

Post bone marrow transplant patients would normally come one or two hours earlier to allow the nurse to draw blood for appointment at 2:00pm. I did this once but the liver function test result was not ready when I saw the doctor; presumably it takes more time to complete the liver function test. Since then, I decided to take the trouble to go to the hospital twice, just to make sure that all tests result are ready when I see the doctor, so that all necessary adjustment on medication can be done all at once. Anyway, my house is not too far away from the hospital.

I am very glad to score a “beautiful” blood test result today; every readings fall within the normal range.

Doctor also studied the lung CT scan that was performed on 9th July. Though there was something happening (Unfortunately I can’t understand the report and don’t have a copy of it) to the left lung, doctor said the lung looks quite normal, and thus I don’t have to worry so much about it.

The daily Prednisolon (steroid) dosage is further reduced from 20mg (4 tablets) to 10mg (2 tablets) :-)

My next follow-up will be one and half month later.

See you next post :-)

No comments: