Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day +774 : Ask and you shall receive? (2)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday...

Anyway, I was not angry because I am not really particular about the tint windows. Furthermore, I did get something free. I also understand that it was beyond the sales agent’s ability to give too much. If I was very particular about this, I will “fight” with them in the first place.

However, one thing I was uncomfortable was that the sales agent shouldn’t overstate the cost of the gift in the first place. Sincerity is a lot more important than the value of gift.

Asked and you shall receive? Yes, but not the one promised :-( Never mind, she is just a human. Humans can’t always deliver what is promised or even if they can deliver, what you get might not be the best.

If you ask God, you might be in the same scenario. You might not even get it, or you might get something different from what you have asked, or you receive exactly what you wanted. However, there is a significant difference between asking from a human and asking from God – God always knows what is good for you :-) He don't give not because He can't, but because He knows what is good for you. Just trust Him :-)

”Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Matthew 7:7

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Dennis Sek said...

There is always a price to pay. Your experience would result in distrust to salespeople in general and all in all we have all established a prejudice against salepeople. But mind you, our company's core business is selling the product we produce. Nobody out there is going to believe our salesman in whatever they say. Our product must speak for itself.

David said...

I believe not many people can fully trust a sales person. However, our customer need not to be worry so much as we have one product. If they are buying Esteem 7, they will be get it, there is not much room for tricks here.

I do agree with you the quality of product count.

Unknown said...

The prejudice comes when the salesman lie. eg. giving tint window that actually only cost 100++.

We are negotiating the deal but I dun expect you to bluff me.

David said...

Yes. I really don't mind if she said that she couldn't give taht much and I definitely will still buy the car from her. But trying to promise something that she unable to give is not very good.