Monday, August 18, 2008

Day +775 : 4 Days 3 nights Langkawi Vacation :-)

I am fine today.

My wife and I are planning for a four days three nights vacation at Langkawi during the coming Hari Raya Puasa:-) Even though we shifted here from Sarawak for more than 10 years, we have never been there.

I managed to secure a Superiour Garden View Room at Awana Porto Malai Hotel through a promotion package called Astounding Awana Savers(Malaysia/Singapore) from 29 September to 1 October. The rate for the first night is RM129 as it is still low season, but I need to pay RM169 for the following two nights. This makes the total cost of accommodation RM467.

The hotel rate The flight did not cost us much either; about RM180 roundtrip :-) Of course, fly by AirAsia again.

We plan to rent a car and tour the island for the first day as we will be there quite early in the morning, then going for island hopping, and visiting Pulau Payar Marine Park the next two days.

We will not be bringing the children along this time. If we find the place enjoyable, then we will plan for a family trip later. Richard’s sister-in-law is a member of Awana Timeshare Scheme, and the package is underutilized. If I plan my holiday early enough, Richard will be able to arrange our stay at the same hotel free of charge :-) And in order to save cost, we can drive there.

Even though this week is the school holiday, my wife has to work everyday, conducting tuition class in the school. I hope she will enjoy a good rest during the vacation. We are looking forward to the vacation.

Now the countdown started… 43 days to go!

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sir,

The marine park is not nice especially the 3D show. You might consider the air bridge. I think both cost the same.

David said...

Thanks for the commen and great proposal. I don't even know such bridge exist. It think it is a must to visit. I got some info on http://thisfreakingworld.wordpress.com/2008/05/28/langkawi-skybridge-take-a-walk-in-the-clouds/