Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day +771 : Attending Tech.Ed SEA 2008 again :-) (1)

I am fine today.

I attended Tech.Ed SEA 2008 from Monday until today. This is the second time I attended such event after bone marrow transplant :-) As last year, the four-day event was held in Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC).

Just in case you don’t know what is Tech.Ed SEA, a quote from Tech.Ed SEA 2008 website below should give you a rough idea what the event is all about.

“After two (2) consecutive years, we are excited to announce that Tech·Ed SEA, Microsoft’s premier and largest annual conference, is back with full force! This year, you will get to learn, connect, explore, evaluate, problem-solve and ultimately experience and realize the full potential not only of the technology, but of your own! “

There were about 1800 (if I were not mistaken) delegates from over 30 countries attended event, but of course the majority of the delegates were from Malaysia. Seven software developers, including me, attended the event this year.

In order to attend the first track session which start at 8:30am, I left my house for the event at 6:45am everyday. As I am not familiar driving to KL, I parked my car at Petaling Jaya train station and then travel to KLCC by trains.

A passenger next to me was reading newspaper this morning. As he was sitting very near to me, I also started to read his newspaper “automatically”. A news about the controversial blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin and prominent lawyer Shafee Abdullah attracted my attention so much that I missed the station that I should get off :-( May be this is the “punishment” for reading others newspaper for free :-)

The primary reason that attended the event is to get to know the new Microsoft technologies and the direction that the company is heading to. I attended many track sessions and learned quite a lot this time.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: