Friday, August 08, 2008

Day +765 : AirAsia = Fried Chicken, but MAS = Chicken Nugget only

I am fine today.

I am going back to Sarawak to attend my wife’s step sister wedding dinner on 7th September. My wife couldn’t make it as she needs to work on the following day. So I will be going back with my mother-in-law this time.

We will be flying back to Sibu on 5th September and back to KL on 8th September. I managed to purchase cheap AirAsia tickets – RM29 per trip, and together with all extra charges, the total cost for the trip for one person is RM221. But I need to pay RM21 only as I got an E-Gift Voucher worth RM200.


The E-Gift Voucher was issuedto my nieces by AirAsia due to delay of a flight from Sibu to KL. AirAsia will compensate their passengers with a RM200 voucher for flights that are delayed more than three hours. They are committed to attain higher level of services, which we didn’t see in MAS. If MAS flight is delayed, no compensation will be given at all :-(

Richard travelled very frequently due to the nature of his work as a sales person. On one occasion, his MAS flight was delayed and it just happened that the delay span across the dinner time. As usual, MAS issued him meal voucher.

But when he went to claim his meal at KFC, he was told that he could have chicken nuggets only, not the fried chicken. In contrast, AirAsia meal voucher issued under such circumstances will allow passengers to have fried chicken.

Richard wrote to MAS complaining about this but the reply from them doesn’t answer the question – whey a low cost airline couldn't provide something better than “high cost” airline? Their answer is – delay is unavoidable :-( Out of topic! (答非所问).

Comparing the two airlines from a gluttonous person’s perspective: AirAsia = Fried Chicken, but MAS = Chicken Nugget only :-)

Goes AirAsia, unless you have too much money to spend :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the first time I read your blog.. Glance through some of your older postings too. You are really a tough guy and I like your writing.. For this posting, I would say if I could only get AA E-gift voucher for flight delayed more than 3 hours, I won’t feel wanna eat anything else after waiting for more than 3 hours. From my experience, I'm pretty sure that there won't be flight delay for more than such long hour for MAS.. so for me it's incomparable. Just my two cents.. Anyway, hope to see your further postings. I’d like to keep reading your blog.. A nice place to visit now on :)

David said...

Hi, I am very glad to meet you here and thanks for reading my blog :-)