Monday, August 25, 2008

Day +782 : It happened again :-) (1)

I am fine today.

As I mentioned earlier, my wife and I planned to give our Daithasu Charade to my niece, Nga Ming. As the car looked very old, with dents here and there, we sent it for spraying and knocking two weeks ago. When we got the car back last Wednesday, the car looks as new as a brand new one :-)

The front view
The rear view
My wife with her old car
My niece with her "new" car
The total cost of spraying and knocking was RM2200. My sister said that she will bear the cost.

The breakdown:
  1. Spraying (original metallic colour) : RM1500
  2. Knocking : RM200
  3. Others : RM500 (parts replacement)

In order the make sure that the car was in good condition, I serviced the car in the same workshop that replaced the car’s engine after it was overheated in October 2006. One thing I kept on reminding the workshop owner was to check the cooling system to avoid another overheat. I told him that this car will be given to my niece and it will be driven to Melaka on Sunday, and I don’t want what happened in October 2008 repeats. The workshop owner assured me everything was fine, including the cooling system.

My niece was very happy with the "new" car. She and her two boy universitymates drove the car to Melaka yesterday evening. Not long after they started their journey, I received an emergency call from my niece saying that the car was overheated and the engine died :-( They were at a position between Senawang and the Pedas Linggi, 252.8km from Johore to be exact. It was very dark and rainy. One of the boys was too afraid that he cried :-)

I was quite shocked when I received the call, and I am not quite sure what I should do as it was already 8:30pm. After discussing with Richard, we rushed to the site. We had to handle many things on the way.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: