Thursday, September 28, 2006

Day +85

I went to UH for bone marrow aspiration (BMA) this morning. This was my 8th BMA, and this was also the first time I did not request the doctor to put me to sleep during the procedure. The process took about half an hour. It was quite painful when the local anesthetic was given, but after that I did not experienced much pain. Without sleeping, I managed to come home immediately after the procedure.

I asked my son, Joseph, about his Chinese subject exam yesterday. He told me that he could do all spelling test, but could not do some of the sentence building questions. This is because some questions were beyond the scope given by the school teacher. One question requires him to build a sentence using the word “儿童” (Children). He told me he did not know how to build the sentence because he did not know how to write the word “家庭” (family). In the end, he made a sentence like this, “我有很多儿童” (I have many children).

Since he has so many children now, I called him Baba Joseph. When I wanted to help him to do some revision this morning, I said to him, “Baba Joseph, please get your Bahasa Melayu book ready, Grandpa want to teach you now.” :-)

See you next post.

No comments: