Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Day +69

I am fine today. Just continue my story...

I purchased insurances for myself and also my children from a few insurance companies. These insurances included life insurances, life insurances with critical illness, medical insurances and education saving insurances. The last insurance agent that I purchased insurances from is a very nice and professional person. Long before I was sick, he already helped me to analyze and summarize all my policies. Because of this, I find out all the policies which were scattered throughout many places and placed all of them in a bag. The policy summary and all insurance related documents were also filed properly.

Immediately after I was diagnosed with AML, I asked someone to pass my insurance file together with the policies to the agent to process the claim. He analyzed and handled the claim for all my insurances, regardless where and who I purchased them from. In order to do this, he had to make many contacts and visits to those insurance companies other than the one he is attached with. He even helped me to process my Social Security Organization (SOSCO) claim later. I am very satisfied with his services and definitely would recommend him to you :-)

But I was not so fortunate to meet an insurance agent who advised me to drop a term reducing rider on my critical illness policy. He also advised me to terminate my critical illness policy which I already paid premium twice. The idea was to purchase investment linked insurance from him which he claimed will result in better reward in the end. Unfortunately, I listened to his first advice which result in my claim reduced by about RM180,000 :-( Fortunately, I did not listen to his second advice, else my claim will be a lot less :-) It is by no mean to blame the insurance agent for this, as the final decision was still mine. However, I learned a lesson from his: consult more people (other insurance agents in this case) before making a decision.

See you next post :-)

No comments: