Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Day +62

I am well today. I would like to continue my story...

It was actually not too bad to get sick in Kuching, Sarawak, because my eldest sister is staying there, and most of my family members are also staying in Bintagor, Sibu and Bintulu of Sarawak. It was easier for them to come to take care of me in Sarawak. Out of 9 brothers and sisters, only my fourth sister, my youngest brother and I are staying in Puchong, Selangor.

My father passed away when I was about 3 years old. I am the second last in the family, and I have 4 brothers and 4 sisters. My mother, as a farmer, had to work very hard to earn a living. Therefore, she didn't have much time to take care of us. So my eldest sister took care of us most of the time. We always discussed with her whenever we needed to make an important decision.

My eldest sister is also a very curious person. She always asked a lot of questions when she saw the doctor, until my brother-in-law felt embarrassed and tried to pull her away :-( Fortunately, the hematologist in NMSC is very smart, gentle, patient and enthusiastic. He spent a great deal of time to answer my sister almost never ending queries. Sometimes, he needed to answer a question many times, because my sister would repeat the same question again the next day, if she didn't understand fully the doctor explanation after careful thinking. And the conversation was done in "Foochow" dialect :-)

Apart from this, she also liked to talk to other patients in the ward and brought back a lot of stories. When she went to visit other patients, my wife and I always said that the "doctor"(my sister) was going for rounding :-).

She is also very careful and talented in taking care of sick persons. She never let anybody apart from my family members to enter my room without wearing mask, gloves and put on hospital cloth. My brothers and sisters who took care of me in the room had to take bath immediately after they entered room. Therefore I could relax most of the time when she was around, without worrying someone would carry infectious elements such as bacteria and virus to my room.

I thank God to have a good sister like this :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: