Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Day +61

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 106(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 111(Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 2.8(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 1.708 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
Potassium = 3.9(Normal 3.5 - 5.2)
Magnesium = 0.58(Normal 0.65 - 1.05)

I am well today. The blood counts did not vary too much compare to last Friday result. Magnesium level was still low, so I was given another magnesium infusion.

The current PICC on my right arm has been servicing me over 6 months. It might be a good cause of infection if it is used for too long, says more than 6 months. Doctor said it should be removed today to prevent infection. If it is removed, doctor or nurse needs to set up intravenous line on my hand for magnesium infusion, which is painful. I requested doctor to postpone the removal to next follow-up. Hopefully, my magnesium level will be normal by then.

Doctor also reduces my follow-up from two times per week to one time per week.

My youngest son, Aaron is now more than 4 months old. He always smiles at me, with his mouth open when he sees me. This shows that I am no longer a stranger to him. Sometimes, he even laughs when I talk to my wife. When I ask him why he laughs, he responds with his language, "Er...Er..." I don't know what does that mean. I will videotape this next time, and ask him to explain to me what he is talking about when he grows up. Hopefully, he can still remember what he says. He he denies it later, I will use this video to prove that he talked to me like that :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: