Sunday, September 03, 2006

Day +60

I am fine today. Just continue my story…

On the day +8 (7, December), the intravenous antibiotics and normal saline were off. So I was freer to move about as no more drugs need to be administered continuously. I managed to rise from the bed by myself. However, my right hand was still unable to bend due to thrombosis. The thrombosis was only cleared about one month later.

I was given Neupogen injection everyday from day +8 onwards until day +20, the day I was discharged from NMSC.

My brother-in-law purchased me a Christian songs CD called “与信心有约” (An Appointment with Faith). It contains 11 great scriptural songs. One of them which encouraged me very much is called "昂首无惧"(Whom Shall I Fear?). It is based on 3 selected verses in Psalm 27.

Psalm 27:1 "Yahweh is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? Yahweh is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:3 "Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear. Though war should rise against me, even then I will be confident."
Psalm 27:6 "Now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me. I will offer sacrifices of joy in his tent. I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to Yahweh."

I presented this song in my church a number of times after the chemotherapy. I will sing this song again in the church when I am healthy enough to attend church service. You can download the original song from the CD here.

I made a copy of this CD for one of my friend whom I met in the ward during my 2nd chemotherapy in University Malaya Medical Centre (UH). She was having lymphoma. The tumor affected her nervous system which made her unable to stand up. She and her mother became Christian later. I could sense the change of their life after they became Christian. They were stronger and more positive than before, and the most important thing was that they found hope in God, a hope of eternal life. Her condition became worse during her 5th round of chemotherapy. Eventually, she passed away peacefully with smile while listening to the last song in the CD which is called "新天新地"(A New Heaven and Earth). The song is based on the book of Revelation 27:1,4.

Revelation 21:1 "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."
Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

On the day she passed away, her mother called me from Ipoh and told me that her daughter’s face shone like an angel. No sorrow but great hope I sensed in her voice, eagerly described to me the situation there.

Am I off topic? It looks like I have too much story to tell. This is the story of a CD that my brother-in-law purchased for me :-)

I will be back to track next post.

See you :-)

No comments: